Local: Brasil – Home office - preferência SP/MG/GO
Position: Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer
- A Ruby backed API that servers millions of requests per month to our community;
- Internal tools built with Ruby on Rails that support the management and processing of our data;
- Non-web environments such as ETL processes built with Ruby and Sidekiq to support the client dashboards deployment process;
- React based Single Page Applications that render complex data visualizations using tools like D3.js;
- Small internal services where you can learn about new technologies. This includes an on-demand chart generator written in Go and a notification service built with Elixir.
- From crowdsourced data collection, to image/video processing and visualisation, you'll be working on some interesting technical challenges.
- You will be helping us scale our systems as we increase the data collection streams.
- You’ll be joining an experienced and friendly team of engineers, building a new generation of research and data analysis tools.
- You have a strong understanding of Ruby and Rails ( at least 4 years of experience).
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented programming/
- You have good knowledge of relational databases. We use PostgresSQL.
- You write tested code - from acceptance tests to unit tests.
- You have the ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- You have a huge drive to get something shipped.
Nice to have:Experience with non-Rails frameworks like Sinatra or Hanami.
- Experience with building and designing GraphQL APIs.
- Knowledge of the React ecosystem. It is a big part of our frontend.
- Knowledge of other technologies we are currently using: Kafka, ElasticSearch, Redis, Docker, Elixir, Node and Go
Wages: entre R$ 18.000,00 até R$ 22.000,00 PJ