About This Opportunity
We are looking for talented Ruby on Rails developers to join our growing team.
As a Software Developer at Buggaluggs you will report to the Head of Development. Your primary responsibility will be to act as a development specialist, working within our development team to design and build solutions that result in the best experience for our users.
You will work in a collaborative team environment, technically hands-on, develop and build of complex infrastructure, enhance and support software applications and components that facilitates the achievement of business and client outcomes. Our vision is to market our product, to create a product that is engaging, simple, intuitive and serves the needs of the businesses.
This is a full-time contractor position located remotely.
The right person for the role must have:
· Flexibility and willingness to undertake a wide range of tasks
· Demonstrated organizational skills plus attention to detail
· Strong written and verbal English communication
· Knack for writing expressive and readable code
· Ability to articulate software design principles and best practices
· Experience working at a fast-moving start-up
· The ability to adapt to diverse environments, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
· Must be able to quickly learn, understand and integrate new technology
· Self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to work autonomously, proactively and within a team
· Knowledgeable, collaborative and motivated
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Deep expertise with Ruby and Rails
· Design and consume RESTful APIs
· Maintain the application by upgrading dependencies and tackling tech debt
· Write and maintain Unit and E2E tests
· Design and consume ElasticSearch data
· Comfort with Git and Docker
· Knowledge in AWS infrastructure (S3, RDS, Redis) is a plus
· Front-End : React / Rails
· Back-End : Ruby on Rails
· Data Stores : Postgres, ElasticSearch, Redis, S3
· Cloud : AWS
What we offer:
· Flexible working arrangements tailored to your needs
· English classes with native teacher
· Subsidised internet costs
· Diverse projects – innovative and challenging
· Inspire one another to learn
· Atmosphere of openness and support where all opinions and ideas are valued, and where teamwork is key to success
If you are passionate about technology and want to join an innovative company that is going through an exciting period of growth, then this opportunity is for you. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Are We
Buggaluggs Pty Ltd is the development arm of Olinga Services, an Australia based company
which specialises in providing high-quality commercial cleaning solutions using the very latest and best in sanitisation technology and techniques.
Through our integrated network, Olinga Services is a one stop full-service solution to meet our client’s needs and objectives. Our network includes contract management, labour hire, cleaning and sanitisation services, data analytics and process improvements, training programs and real-time reporting.
We create technology and work hard to help our customers transform their businesses through the innovative use of technology. We partner with our clients to solve problems others can't. We do this by hiring the best people out there.